We sat down with Rozalia Russian, face of the Forever New Portsea Polo and talked about her favourite way to spend the summer season, her top tips for dressing for the Polo, and how she feels about being the face of the Official Women's Fashion Partner for the event.
What does summer mean to you?
Long hot lazy days at the beach, long hot nights having a drink with friends and smell of salt water in the air.
Why do you love the Portsea polo?
I love the Portsea Polo because it is such a relaxed, fun atmosphere and a great way to spend a summer day with friends. I also love how close you are to the field, you can just sit back to watch and enjoy the game.
What are your top 3 style tips when it comes to dressing for the Polo
- Wear sensible shoes that will last in the grass
- Choose your outfit according to the fabric. I would avoid anything that is a winter fabric such as velvet and opt for soft linen and cotton.
- Dress up your outfit with the right summer accessories by again taking into account that it is a summer event. Think straw hats and straw bags. Leave the glitzy clutch bags and felt fedoras back in Melbourne.
What will you be wearing to the Portsea Polo this year?
I am so excited to be wearing a beautiful Linen dress by Forever New to the Polo this year. Without giving away too much, I am going for a summer safari chic vibe.
Which piece from the Forever New high summer range do you love the most and how would you style it?
I love the black little off the shoulder jumpsuit I recently wore to one of the photo shoots because it is so versatile!
For the Polo, I would style it with a straw hat that features a black ribbon and a pair of black wedge heels.
You can then dress the jumpsuit up for a night out by popping on a killer stiletto heel, or dress it down by wearing it with a summer slide for day time.
What does it mean to you to be the face of Forever New for the 2019 Polo?
It really is such an honour to be the face of Forever New for the Polo!
I have been attending the Portsea Polo for almost 8 years now and each year it gets bigger and better!
In saying that, what I love about the Portsea Polo is that as it has gained in popularity it hasn’t lost its relaxed and traditional element.
It is Forever News second year being the Official Women’s Fashion Partner and it really is such a great fit! When I think of Forever New I think of beautiful summer outfits and I often see so many beautiful outfits out at the Polo field.
So this year it is an honour to be able to wear a beautiful piece from their new Polo collection whilst attending one of my favourite events of the year.
7. What are your beauty tips ensure that your make up lasts all day in the sun?
- Make sure you use a really good primer to prep your skin and give your make up the best possible chance at lasting.
- Less is more when it comes to summer time make up. There is no need to wear a full coverage foundation plus all the other powders, contouring and bronzers.
- Keep some blotting tissue in your purse for touch ups throughout the day.
- When all else fails pop on some sunnies!
8. Are there any trends we should expect to see at this year’s Polo?
Last year it was the year of the scarf. I am going to call it, the scarf is out and hats are back in!
9. As a judge for Fashions On The Field, which Polo looks will you be searching for?
I think it is super important to dress for the environment you are in.
So being out in the middle of the Polo field in the heart of summer, I will be looking for summer appropriate outfits. No velvet, no denim, no stilettos, no sequins and no faux fur. Keep it fresh, light and bright!
10. Any advice for someone who will be attending the Polo for the first time?
- Wear sunscreen
- Wear shoes that will keep you going on the grass
- Get ready to have a fantastic day